Volunteer at NDYC2020
Help the ND Yoga Community
Network, Help and Support!
Applications open in 2020. Subscribe to receive notifications and information.
Volunteering is a great way to network and get a behind-the-scenes look at the conference. The ND Yoga Conference needs 20+ volunteers to make the event successful. It is open to all conference attendees.
Volunteering at the NDYC
Want to sign up as a volunteer? Keep reading to find out more about how volunteers assist and support the key areas of the conference.
As a volunteer, you are the face of the conference. Please be punctual, respectful, helpful and reliable for the times that you are helping. Some volunteers will be asked to help before the conference with organizing and preparing for the conference. On-site volunteers may be asked to help with check in, help vendors get organized, become familiar with conference layout, provide directional assistance, room monitors, assist teachers and other activities as needed.
There will be an orientation at Yoga for You in Bismarck two weeks before the conference for all onsite volunteers.
Scheduling volunteers requires a tremendous amount of coordination and planning and we appreciate your support in honoring your shifts, showing up on time, and staying until the job is done! We are delighted you are interested in volunteering.
“I enjoyed the different variety of classes. The set up this year added extra space. Over all great experience!”
Volunteers will receive:
- You will be given a pass to practice at a class of your choice.
- You will receive a pass to attend the Saturday presentation given by “to be announced”.
- You will be given a name tag that designates you as a volunteer and a swag bag full of discounts for the conference.
- You will receive ongoing support and recognition from the Volunteer Manager, your fellow volunteers, and the ND Yoga Conference Team.
Your Commitment to Us:
- Be available for pre-conference meeting on Thursday, September 26, at Yoga for You Studio from 6:00-7:00PM to review schedule and meet other volunteers.
- To be fully present for the hours that you have agreed to work before or during the Conference
- To complete an evaluation form post-conference, giving us both your own suggestions and any feedback that you may have received from conference attendees.
- Share information via your social networking channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.)
Technical/Social Media Team
Have experience with sound systems? Want to video tape or photograph some of the classes to put on Social Media? Then join this team to record the event and to support our teachers as they set-up music and their teacher mics. Members of this team need to be available Friday afternoon for training. If you are interested in joining this team, please indicate that on your application from as well as letting us know what experience you have.
This team is responsible for ensuring the conference space is set up before the start of Friday night’s class, swag bags are ready for distribution and for tear down on Sunday afternoon. There may be some lifting involved, and some running for materials in house or to local stores.
Are you active in your home town yoga community and interested in sharing information about the ND Yoga Conference? Apply now to become an AMBASSADOR for the ND Yoga Conference. Help us spread the word about the conference through organizations you are involved in and social media. Create a buzz in your own city.
Registration & Information Desk
At the registration and information desk, you will welcome attendees, sign them in, provide them with their registration materials and give them a swag bag. You will be expected to know everything so pre-reading all of the schedules and conference materials in advance is important!
As a room monitor you will help teachers to ensure they have all necessary equipment, welcome attendees as they enter the session room, introduce the teacher, and ensure classes start and end on time. Room monitors are assigned to one room for two or more classes. Clear the room, hand out surveys and make sure the room is ready for the next class.
If you have time before the conference to help out with logistics, social media, and administrative work, we’d love to hear from you! Let us know on your application where your expertise can support us!